Unsolicited Commercial E-mail Policy
Last updated: 2018-11-21
Internet user privacy is very important to us and to our customers. We support the protection of client and consumers' privacy rights as a fundamental element of our business. We have two overriding policies:
You can unsubscribe at any time
We require that each e-mail message sent out from Fat Loss Miracle includes an easy way for subscribers to remove themselves via an unsubscribe link.
Definition of Spam
Spam is unsolicited email sent in bulk. Any promotion, information or solicitation that is sent to a person via e-mail without their prior consent, where there is no pre-existing relationship between the sender and the recipient, is spam.
Examples of Spam:
- Any email message that promotes an adult web site is spam, unless the recipient has specifically requested information from that web site.
- Any message that is sent to e-mail addresses that have been harvested off of web sites, newsgroups, or other areas of the Internet is spam.
- Any e-mail message that is sent to a recipient who had previously signed up to receive newsletters, product information or any other type of bulk email but later opted-out by indicating to the sender that they did not want to receive additional email, then that email is spam.
- Any e-mail message that is sent to recipients that have had no prior association with the organization or did not agree to be e-mailed by the organization is spam.
- Any e-mail message that is sent to a recipient without a way for a person to opt-out or request that future mailings not be sent to them, is spam
- Any email message that does not have a valid email address in the From Line is spam.
- Any email message that contains any false or misleading information in the header, subject line or message itself is spam.
- Policy against advertising our website using unsolicited email messages
We require that all e-mails promoting our products are sent only to clients who have agreed to receive such messages. We prohibit any advertising of our brand and Web site using unsolicited email messages. If you feel you've been sent unsolicited emails from us and you would like to register a complaint, please email us and we will investigate.
Message Recipient Policy
Before clients can receive Fat Loss Miracle messages, advertising or promotions, client must have agreed to receive such messages. Any recipient may request at any time to be removed from our list, and we will comply with that request. In addition, we will thoroughly investigate any allegations made by recipients relating to unsolicited messages.